When you want to talk about the largest gold producers in south africa then the first company in mind is SIbanye Gold. The bursary – Sibanye Gold Bursary is a social responsibility by the company to help promote education in south africa
Sibanye Gold Bursary Field of Study
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Geology
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc Mining Engineering
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, accommodation allowance and a study materials allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric,
- Achieved strong academic results in Matric,
- 21 years old or younger during the first year of undergraduate study,
- 23 years old or younger during the second year or subsequent years of undergraduate study,
- Studying (or intending to study) full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study in the upcoming year,
- Studying (or intending to study) at a recognised university within South Africa,
- Accepted to study at university for your selected qualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be downloaded at: https://www.sibanyegold.co.za/careers/bursaries
The following items must be returned with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Grade 11 final academic record,
- Matric certificate OR progress report,
- Proof of acceptance into degree qualification at university.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
11 November annually (applications open between February and May annually).
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Sibanye Gold Academy
Tel: 011 752 1145