The bursary program provided by the Department is a multi-year program. It also promotes teaching at public schools as that is where the need lies. They are devoted to providing learners of all ages, with a quality education. The children of South Africa strive for a better future, with highly trained teachers, the Department can fulfill this need. You can aid in making this vision a reality, by becoming a teacher!
The Department provides full-cost bursaries to eligible, talented candidates. This will aid these candidates to receive a complete, and full teaching qualification within one of the national priority fields. Successful candidates will, however, be required to teach at one of the public schools in South Africa, for the same amount of years as the duration of their studies.
Are you not sure, well, here are some reasons why to consider teaching as a career path!
- Do you love learning? Turn that love into teaching and help other experience the joy of learning.
- Did you have a favorite teacher that made a difference for you? You can be that teacher to someone else!
- Would you love to see someone else succeed? Experience the joy of being able to give another person hope, to see them learn to write, read, count and strive towards their dreams.
- Help children understand the value of all things in life, and aid in building strong and proud citizens.
- You can once again see the world through the eyes of a child, see them grow and become even more special.
- Serve the community and your country, but most of all the children who need your help.
- Share your own knowledge while sparking curiosity in tender minds.
- Pass on the love you have for learning, giving hope for the future, building a solid and honored nation.
Candidates who receive bursaries can ask to be placed in a province of their liking, however, they may not decide which school they would prefer to be employed in. The Department concerned will make the final decision. Upon completion of their studies, candidates will be placed where there is a suitable opening. If there is no opening within the selected province, the Department has the right to place candidate where there are a suitable opening and a need.